Our Vocational Tap Dance classes begins at Intermediate Foundation through to Advanced 2 level. Students are trained in a more intense learning environment, to stretch and challenge their expertise in preparation for either a professional dance career or further training as a dance teacher.
Students are required to be fully committed at this level, with an intensified focus on safe dance practice; training between 45 – 60 minutes per week and often engage in further independent training at home where self-motivation and discipline is key.
Classes are focused on developing and training the student to become highly versatile in their level of performance and communication; with a sound underpinning of the knowledge and understanding of the Modern
Theatre genre. The class demands a committed, motivated and mature approach, which is far greater than the graded examinations.
Students will be examined by a visiting Examiner from the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance. The Vocational Graded Examinations are regulated qualifications on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. Intermediate Foundation is located at Level 2;Intermediate is located at Level 3; and Advanced 1 and Advanced 2 are located at Level 4.
The syllabus objectives of the Tap Dance Vocational Graded Examinations are to:
· teach correct posture
· develop a thoroughly comprehensive tap technique
· develop the use of tone
· promote understanding and use of dance terminology
· develop the sense of line through arms, body and head
· promote understanding of rhythm and its development
· promote appreciation of varying musical styles and their interpretation
· develop awareness of the use of space
· develop awareness of audience with a sense of performance
· encourage an artistic sense of self expression
· encourage creative use of rhythm and movement
· promote self-confidence in the performance of a solo
Parents are invited once a term to watch a class is action as we feel it’s important to see students’ progression and level of engagement and enjoyment in the class. This is a wonderful experience for parents and a lovely end to each term.
Want to read more about The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance? Click here